... I'm just going to stick with a simple list of things on my mind and not write a diatribe about how I feel. Before that list, let me just say that there are some real downsides to having a blog that people can link to you. Granted, the average Joe who stumbles upon this corner of teh interwebs doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, but most of my close friends know exactly who's behind this page. Which means my latest troubles cannot really be placed here. Oh well, such is life.
Anyway. Today sucked royally. I didn't feel well, didn't get enough sleep, it was really rainy, and I'm tired of trying to jump through hoops to hang out with people. So I stayed home and was banned from working by my boss, who ordered me not to go online. Sigh. I spent most of the day sleeping, ate only 1.5 cupcakes and bitched to a few friends. While doing all of this, a few things crossed my mind.
1. I'm ready to go back to school. Like 5 minutes ago. I love my job and it's going swimmingly, especially now that I've switched teams, but I'm ready for the next big challenge and law school seems like it could be it. So I'm applying. Now for the dilemma - should I apply early? Right now my top choice is Hastings, a really good school in San Francisco. They have an early program, but it is binding and I'm not entirely sure I want to sign up for something binding just yet. We'll see, I suppose.
2. TG is being really good to me lately. I've been stressed about some things in NYC lately and I spent a lot of last night crying my eyes out and he's been really the only one that's shown much of an interest in finding out how I'm doing, which is funny because I didn't even think I'd really put my unhappiness out there. So I didn't expect anyone to say anything, but he did and he's been sending me links and stuff to cheer me up and told me that he's here for me whenever I need it. Sometimes, all you really want is for someone to just be there. And he is, so I'm happy.
3. I lately realized that I have absolutely no interest in looking for my birth parents. I guess it's a testament to my mom and dad that a desire I once had has pretty much been eradicated. I'd love to get a photo of them, though.
4. I would sell my brother for a piece of candy right now. Is that bad? In that vein, I have been eating horribly and doing no exercise. Somebody please smack me back into workout mode.
5. I've decided that I want to be hyper-social next week. Since I'm sure none of my usual peeps will be available, I've decided that I want to have a crazy, wild tear up NYC night with my friend Tall, who I haven't seen in ages. Also, my friend B is coming from Boston! Yay! I have book club on Wednesday, where we'll be discussing The Red Tent. So that really just leaves one more day I have to fill, so I should think of something fun to do.
I also have no patience to proofread this entry, so it probably makes no sense.
2 comments:
which brother? Dan isn't it? you would sell Dan first, i can tell
@Slindy - haha i'm not sure. hell, i'd sell all three!
Post a Comment