Wednesday, September 25, 2013

i kind of haz a sad.

Leaving my office today was kind of sad. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone, especially Life Coach, who will no longer be on my team when I return. I just feel like I'm going into the great unknown without any resources. I have this ridiculous fear of being alone, but I'm also introverted, so my thoughts are running wild. On one hand, being alone with my own thoughts without a single friendly face in a strange place for 30 days seems crazy. On the other hand, I'll get to do whatever I want and I won't have to worry about social norms. That sounds AMAZING!

I love change, but I fear it. I also fear missing out on life. While I'm off exploring the world, my friends and family will continue living their lives. Some things will change and some things will stay the same, but I won't be a part of any of it and that's sad. I like to be a part of most things. I know this time is going to fly and I know it'll be valuable to my growth as a human being, but I'm just so nervous. I'm scared of a variety of things. There's the whole "solo female traveler" thing. There's the fear of being lonely. I fear feeling like a n00b while I'm in a place I'm not familiar with. I like to challenge myself, though, and this is a great way to do it. I know I'll be okay, because I'm always okay, but I may cry a little bit before I leave. I'm just a big baby like that.

2 comments:

YankeeNaija said...

You are such a strong woman that you absolutely amaze me. Truly, you are so amazing and I hope this trip allows you to see that. Have a great time, be safe, have fun and just be you.

Cleopatra Jones said...

@YankeeNaija - aww thanks! so far the trip has been great!